Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mostly knitting.

Knitting was the big hit at craft night a few weeks ago (yes, I'm very behind in posting). Taylor is daringly making a gorgeous tank top with this very soft and colorful yarn. She is taking on a challenge that would be much too intimidating to me - a tank for her 2nd knitting project ever, using mostly a book with photos to guide her through new stitches - amazing!

It's so cool how people have such different crafting styles. Taylor is easily bored with simple projects - the girl needs a challenge, so she goes for it - so cool. I, on the other hand, take baby steps - learning new skills one at a time, slowly integrating them into new projects, usually after practicing a bit first and most certainly reading the directions a thousand times - pretty funny.

I also tend to have a million different craft projects going at once.. which honestly doesn't bother me, but I've learned from others that they could never work this way. Sara, the knitter of all knitters, for example, works one project at a time. I've not only got a scarf, socks and a dishcloth on needles right now, but have yarn bought for two other projects... not to mention embroidery that's loosely on a hoop and sewing that's always in the works. Ha. I feel it gives me options - I can decide day to day what I feel like working on and know they will all eventually get finished (theoretically). :-)

Taylor also brought over some tag blankets she's been making for a couple friends with new babies. What a great idea! Very silky - just what the new little ones need. (Disclaimer: please excuse the most unflattering pictures I have managed to take - photography is obviously not my forte, but you get the idea.)

So, I also had to post this pic of Simcoe getting into Taylor's bag - he found a little hole on the side and before we knew it he was working his way in... he is also quite crafty it seems.

1 comment:

Clan Hill said...

I wish I had made it to craft night on Monday. Too much going on. I'm hoping to be there next week. I have put my tank top on hold for a much easier tank project. Bought the yarn yesterday. A very soft orange sherbert cotton. I think you guys will like the pattern and want to try it. Very simple, just ties at the shoulders. Off to cast on right now!